We made the decision to give Chicken a second (and last) round of chemotherapy today. Her white blood count was 4.4 (up from 1.9 on Apr. 15) which is low, but Dr. Harris felt it would be okay. Her total count was almost 3000. I agonized over whether to dose her again. We will be out of town for 5 days in a week and a half and I am worried about her developing an infection while we’re gone. I guess that’s what neighbors are for. I know Katie and Andy will keep a watchful eye on her.
This morning I gave Chicken the CCNU pill, which she did not like at all. About 5 minutes later, she gave me at least some of the chemo pill back. On the floor. I guess she helped me make the decision.
In 2 days Chicken will be VAS-free for 5 months. She has a recheck visit with Dr. Muldoon on Thursday. Paws crossed!
Share this post with all your friends!!!!